Monday, January 10, 2005

Good to see the white, white ice of home

Well, imagine my guffaws of laughter when it turned out upon my first sight of dear old Cowtown in two weeks that it was covered in ice and was just nasty cold out.

You can't imagine that?

Bingo.

It was a cold reception for sure. I had something more in mind like one of those brisk winter days filled with the bright cheering sunlight that I've missed so much. But my order must've gotten lost in the mail, (much in the same way as the car key my husband sent to England and the post cards I misaddressed to family. I'm prepared to be philosophical about the latter, but I really could've used the former, especially when my flight was so delayed that the rental car place Greg had reserved a car from as a backup shut down for the night. A virulent pox take Enterprise Rental. May all their carburetors rot forever.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Petro said...

The kind of cars they have at Enterprise don't have carbs any more.

Kinda "Atkins for Automobiles".

January 31, 2005 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home