Monday, January 24, 2005

Chicken soup of the damned

Okay, my chicken soup was making a really eerie noise in the microwave. It's a wholesome, Republican chicken soup -- homemade, relatively lo-cal and only in the fridge a couple days. And yet, a minute or so into the zapping process, it started to wheeze.

Seriously. It was making this low "wheeeee" noise that made Clementine actually move out of a perfectly good sun-spot and investigate.

It could be that the potatoes or something had air that had gotten trapped and the heating process was making it seep out. But I think we could also say that my chicken soup was moaning like something in an Edgar Allen Poe story.

I'm going to go ahead and eat this, because I'm a 21st century type of gal, (and I'm hungry) but if anything happens, you'll know where to direct the SciFi Channel investigation team.

I'm kidding (most likely), but meanwhile, this post from Huw reminds us of the kind of thing that "educated" superstitious people can make themselves believe. These are usually the same people who just can't buy Virgin birth or Creationism because those things are too implausible. Don't get me started.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexios said...

Outstanding, I too would eat the soup anyway. The fact that it's 3:AM not withstanding, I enjoyed your post immensely, a very good laugh. Did you survive the soup?

Alexey

January 25, 2005 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Apparently so. Though I'm trying to remember how many hours after William Hurt *thought* he survived the attack before the alien burst out of his stomach. Blech. That'll turn me off of food altogether.

January 26, 2005 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home