Friday, November 19, 2004

Prayer request

I'm asking for prayers for the priest of my new church, Fr. John from Holy Trinity OC in Kansas. He had been having stomach pains, and now they've determined that he has a tumor in his pancreas. It isn't the extremely fast-spreading and indestructible kind of cancer (thank God!), but a very rare type that isn't quite as dangerous but unfortunately isn't quite as well-known and understood. So tests proceed to determine the best course of action, but in the meantime, he's in substantial pain since the tumor is pressing on some nerves. Please pray for him and his wife, and also for our church.

Thank you, brothers and sisters.

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi Grace
what a blow....I will certainly pray.
Lord, have mercy......

November 20, 2004 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Thank you so much. Fr. John says that he can feel all the prayers being said for him. I've heard other people in his situation say the same. God is good.

November 20, 2004 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Karl Thienes said...

Is that Fr. John Mack?

In any case, Lord have mercy...

November 20, 2004 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

No. This is Fr. John Platko. I forgot that Fr. John Mack is in Kansas as well -- I probably should have specified. Fr. John Mack is at St. Sophia in Lawrence, KS.

November 20, 2004 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Don't let him give up - my father lived 16 good years after his pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

November 27, 2004 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger after-work said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
Stop by and look at my low fee cash advance blog site.

February 4, 2006 at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home