Monday, October 25, 2004

All Hallow's Eve, part II

After this post of mine about the problems that Halloween poses for us, I felt like I saw a good solution in an article about a local school -- I'm sure it must be a Catholic school. They teach about saints during the month of October and then everyone dresses up as their favorite saint for Oct. 31 (or maybe it's for Nov. 1 -- All Saints' Day. I really should've read the article more carefully.).

Maybe people with kids have already heard of doing this, but I think it's a great idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl Thienes said...

That's what my parish does the night of Halloween every year. The kids come to the parish dressed as either a) their favorite saint or b) an animal related to salvation history (St. Serpahim's bear, Jonah's whale, etc)

October 25, 2004 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Sounds like a fine idea. Does it seem like it's caught on with the kids?

As I said, if it were an all-adult world (ugh! What an awful thought.), this would be an easier thing for churches to come down on, I think.

October 27, 2004 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home