Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Forgive me, brothers and sisters ...

... for I have tried to like Monastery Blend coffee, but lo, I cannot (tho' Deacon's Decaf only have I sampled. Mayhap another order might prove more pleasing?)

Yea, I also tried to like Trappist Preserves, but them I deem (in the Glengarry Glen Ross sense) "store".

I fear to purchase a puppy from the New Skete monastery, lest I be thrice sinful.

Behold, I am not a Marketplace Orthodox. I will include links to these pious laborers to expunge my sins. (If sizable purchases are made thereunto, forget not this lowly servant and kick back, what, maybe 10%?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Fr. John McCuen said...

Please stand by for the following commercial announcement:

You should contact Fr, Gregory Williams (frgregory@sjkp.org) and order a pound of Mission Bleu coffee. I am not a coffee afficianado; but Mission Bleu is a coffee I look forward to drinking every Sunday; it's what we serve at trapeza, because (in part), to me, it is the best-tasting coffee I have ever had. Also, the proceeds from the sale of this coffee are used to help support the Orthodox mission churches in Haiti, where the coffee is grown and roasted. Quite a combination: good taste and good works, all in a one-pound bag! Try some today! Oh, and tell 'em Fr. John sent ya!

We now resume our regular program, which is already in progress...

September 16, 2004 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

See, it's all about the product placement. Because now I'm going to go do exactly that. Thanks for the tip. (Where do I send your 10% kickback?) ;-)

September 16, 2004 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Fr. John McCuen said...

Grace wrote, (Where do I send your 10% kickback?)Haiti.

(On one hand, I mean this to be funny. On the other hand, knowing the need there -- in general -- and still trying to come to grips with the devastation caused by Tropical Storm Jeanne, with the death toll now at 690 and counting... if we do not laugh, we can only cry...)

September 21, 2004 at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home