Saturday, August 21, 2004

Truth-seekers and Scripture

On Clifton Healy's blog (I'm finally getting around to, um, getting around), he has an excellent collection of quotes, including this one from C. S. Lewis: "Odd the way the less the Bible is read, the more it is translated."

It reminds me of a quote I've heard attributed to Mark Twain but never seen in print. "The parts of the Bible I don't understand don't give me nearly as many problems as the parts that I do."

I hope Twain really did say that, because it's lovable, gritty and surprising in its honesty -- just the sort of thing you'd expect from him. Hey, maybe we could've made a convert out of him. He only had a problem with organized religion, after all. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger ace cash advance9 said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
Want to see top notch work, peep my cash advance america blog site for the bomb work!

January 22, 2006 at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home